Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Roast Chicken

We had a long X'mas weekend and was in the mood to roast something. Instead of roasting turkey I opted for chicken instead. I took the opportunity to use the vertical roaster which I purchased more than a year ago and have never used it till now *LOL*. I roasted this at a very low temperature about 130C - 140C for about 2hrs and at the last 30-40mins, I threw in the carrots and potatoes which I coated with a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper and dill.

Since my oven does not have rotisserie function, this little simple gadget comes really handy. I really love how the chicken came out, not that oily as all the fats dripped to the tray. But this one I got is a little small, so I will be getting a slightly bigger one which can hold up to 8 pounds of poultry.


I will probably do another round of roast chicken but with asian flavour.

Happy New Year all !!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

May I know where did you get this gadget?

Thanks,
Jolene

Zurynee said...

Hi Jolene,

I got this from the US :-)

Zu

FooDcrazEE said...

have a fabulous 2010 Zu