Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Savoury Porridge with egg

I made a few months back as the weather was pretty chilly. I could not resist myself from having a hot bowl of porridge with runny egg especially the yolk *lol* This is a real comfort food and really great to eat it hot. Those little brown slices of you tiao was store bought. I toast it a while before adding to the porridge. I love the slight crunchiness of the you tiao when mixed with the hot porridge and egg.




The porridge I used the same recipe as the savoury porridge available in the blog. The only difference was the type of rice used and I used coconut milk instead of fresh milk.

To serve, make sure the porridge is real hot. Break an egg into a bowl, scoop some porridge over the egg and let it cook for a couple of minutes or till you like the consistency of the egg. Sprinkle chopped spring onions, youtiao and a few dashes of shallots oil and serve it hot.

Real easy but delicious !!

1 comment:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

I have never had savoury porridge or oatmeal, but I have wanted to try it for some time now. For some reason I have this irrational fear of it ... I need to get over it!