Thursday, March 15, 2012

One-ingredient banana 'ice-cream'

This is not something new.  One of my colleague and sister were telling me about this yummy easy dessert that they make using overripe bananas (I like!)  My overripe bananas will usually end up in a cake or muffin and I was not in a mood to bake last week.  So this was the best option to do and I am glad that I did it.  It is really a treat and the girls love it.


Inspired by this entry, I chose to make it really simple.  I just added a bit of condensed milk so that the bananas will turn turn brown and also to ensure that I can blend them smoothly.  You can add peanut butter, chunky is better or choc or both !  However, you need to freeze the bananas before you whiz them in the food processor or blender in order to get that creamy texture. 



This is how it looks like after blending. 


What you need:
5 ripe bananas, sliced and freeze overnight
2T condensed milk (you can replace with regular milk)
1T chocolate malt powder (i was just testing and found it insufficient.  I think cocoa powder is a better alternative)

What you do:
1. Put all the frozen bananas into the blender or food processor, add the milk and whiz it
2. Stop after 3 mins and scrap the sides if the bananas are stuck, continue blending till you get a creamy texture
3. Scoop the 'ice-cream' and serve with your favourite toppings


No comments: